Last Updated August 2020
What Does This Privacy Notice Cover?
This Privacy Notice provides information regarding the processing of your personal data when using services and/or purchasing products from or on behalf of a company or companies from Soligent Distribution, LLC or one of its affiliates (including Soligent Holdings, Inc., Solar Engine, LLC, Soligent Leasing, LLC and Stellar Energy GP Inc. (collectively, “Soligent” “we” “us” or “our”) whether as:
- a customer (i.e. an installer, dealer, direct buy customer, sub-distributor, third party logistics provider, warehouse operator, property owner, or virtual power plant participant) or representatives of these entities;
- a visitor to the soligent.net website;
- an attendee at trade shows and Soligent-hosted webinars on Zoom or other platforms;
- a user of Soligent online customer accounts, learning or test pages;
- an applicant seeking employment or
- as a participant in a promotion offered by Soligent, either alone or with a third party/ies (“Promotion”).
If you choose to create a Soligent user account in the Soligent portal or on the Soligent website, for whatever purpose, a profile will be created for you to use and navigate across these Soligent services and/or offers.
Additional notices and privacy statements may contain further information about how Soligent is processing your personal data. This would be the case, for example, if you are a customer representative or end user of PV solar system or battery storage equipment. In those instances, such privacy notices may be communicated to you separately.
If you would like to receive this Privacy Notice in an alternative format (for example in larger print) please email [email protected] or call us at 800-967-6917.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data is or may be processed about you; why we are processing your personal data and for which purposes; for how long we hold your personal data for; how to access and update your personal data, as well as the options you have regarding your personal data and where to go for further information.
Soligent does not sell your personal information.
When you submit your personal information to us, you are giving us your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as set forth in this Privacy Notice. We are always available to discuss your questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices. If you would like to speak to a customer service representative, please contact us via telephone at 800-967-6917 or email at [email protected].
For the avoidance of doubt, these provisions apply to all consumers whose personal information is processed by Soligent in the United States of America regardless of the State you are resident in. These rights are without prejudice to any additional rights you may have in line with local law.
International Transfers. Information collected on this website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Soligent or its Service Providers or agents maintain facilities. By using this website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Soligent abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of data from the European Union. By using the website and providing personal information to us, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Be advised that personal information may be made available, without your knowledge, to the United States government or its agencies, or those of governments in any other country where we or our service providers store or process personal information, under a lawful order made in that country.
Collection and Use of Information
General. In general, you can browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. At various times, you may decide to provide us with your personal information. You should know that we receive and may store all personal information (whether written or oral) that you provide to us through whatever means you provide such information (through our website, dealer portal, via e-mail, over the telephone, completed applications, etc.). Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, home, billing or other physical address or email address as well as any information associated with the foregoing. In addition to your contact information, we may collect information about your purchases, billing address, shipping address, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests, phone number or other contact information, and credit card information. We may combine the information you provide to us over time and we may combine such information with information that is publicly available, collected through data collection devices, and information that we receive from our partners, affiliates and other third parties.
We collect information, including personal data about you, as a Soligent customer or customer representative, user of Soligent-purchased PV Solar or battery storage equipment or services for sales and warranty purposes, and/or visitor to a Soligent website or Soligent-administered social media page such as Linked-In or Facebook (“Soligent Social Media Page”). This information may be either:
- Information that you provide to us – when creating a Soligent account profile, we will ask for your name, e-mail address and gender (so that we can address you properly but you do not have to provide us with this information), your contact preferences and information necessary for answering any security questions. If you are an installer owner or representative and/or decide to open an account with Soligent, or participate in our online offerings, you will be asked to provide further personal data necessary for the performance of such services and/or authentication such as your name, address, business name, phone number, mobile number, email address, communication preferences and similar information. If you choose to enter a Soligent promotion, we will gather information necessary to allow you to participate and to award you with any provided benefit if confirmed, and to provide you marketing offers if you have agreed to receive these as part of your participation in a promotion.
- Information that we obtain through your use of Soligent services – we will also collect information about how and where you use or purchase Soligent services and products. Such information may include electronic device information, IP addresses, log information, browser type and preferences, location information, online identifiers to enable ‘cookies’ and similar technologies.
- Information gathered through social media pages – When you communicate with us through a Soligent social media page (for example, when you comment on, share or react to a post , upload media, send a personal message or subscribe to a Soligent Social Media Page), we may receive personal data about you such as your user name, profile picture, hometown, email address and gender. We will use any personal data received from social media in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- facilitate your purchases and provide the services you request;
- manage relationships and for marketing such as maintaining contact with you;
- improve our website, service, product offerings, marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer service;
- respond to your inquiries and requests;
- performance of and analysis of market surveys and marketing strategies to understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behaviour;
- promotions offered to Soligent customers;
- (for representatives of installers and dealers) to set up accounts for purchasing and to register you with our project financing partners if requested;
- (for end users) to register products, assist with warranty and maintenance requests or claims if applicable;
- enable you to participate in our webinars and other online learning activities;
- confirm and track your orders;
- compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and accuracy;
- account management including account verification (that is, ensuring that only you or someone you have authorized can access your account and information);
- prevent and detect fraud or abuse, and
- contact you (via email, postal mail, or telephone) regarding products and services (of Soligent or our partners) that we believe may be of interest to you.
or for a secondary purpose where it is closely related, such as:
- storing, deleting, or anonymizing your personal data;
- audits, investigations, dispute resolution or warranty purposes, litigation, or defense of claims;
- statistical, historical, or scientific research; or
- legal and/or regulatory compliance.
Personal Information That We May Share with Others
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with trusted partners. Your personal data are exclusively processed for the purposes referred to above and will only be shared on a strict need to know basis and for a relevant business purpose with:
- Service Providers: We use trusted third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including: shipping, payment processing, sales tax processing, data storage/management, web hosting, web analytics, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, emailing, etc. These service providers only receive personal information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by Soligent.
- Special Events: If you are a dealer or customer representative and choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, or contest), Soligent may share personal information (i.e. contact information) you provide with those organizations participating in the applicable event. Unless we tell you otherwise in connection with a special event, these third parties do not use your information for any other purpose other than to manage the event.
- Partners: Soligent may provide information to carefully selected partners. In such cases, we might share and/or cross-reference information, including personal information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you and the customer you represent, such as financing services for purchasing Soligent products.
- Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may, and you authorize us to use and disclose any information, including personal information: (1) we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any personal or as otherwise required by law; (3) to other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
- Business Transfer: Your personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the Company.
- Affiliates and contracted partners of Soligent: We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for business and operational purposes.
- Suppliers of Products Purchased: We may supply information to the makers or sellers of products that you purchase from us for warranty and maintenance service purposes.
Other Uses of Your Information
Anonymous Information. We may create anonymous records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name and other identifying information) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use these records for internal purposes, such as marketing analysis, sales tracking, and analysis of usage patterns so that we may enhance our services. We also reserve the right to use and disclose any information in such records at our discretion.
IP Address. When you visit our website, Soligent collects your IP address to, among other things, help diagnose problems with its server, administer and tune the operation of its website, analyze trends, track traffic patterns, gather demographic information for aggregate use, and track the date and duration of each session within our website. Your IP address may also be used in combination with your personal information to prevent fraud or abuse, customize your experience on our website, improve our website, customer service, products, and promotional efforts, and to understand your preferences, patterns and interests.
Data Collection Devices, such as Cookies and Web Beacons. In some instances, Soligent may collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons (also known as pixel gifs or action tags) and other monitoring technologies to enhance your browsing and shopping experience on our website. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive to collect information about your activities on our website. Web beacons are small strings of code placed on a web page or within an email for the purpose of transferring information.
Children under 16
Soligent does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that data from our systems. Please visit the FTC’s website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
Interacting with Soligent through social media
If you choose to interact with Soligent through social media on a Soligent-administered social media page (‘Soligent Media Page’) such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn, your personal data (such as your name, your profile picture and the fact that you are interested in Soligent) will be visible to all visitors of your personal webpage depending on your privacy settings on the relevant social media platform, and will also be visible to Soligent. You can delete any information that you share on these sites at any time through your relevant social media platform account. Soligent does not track your activity across the different social media sites that you use. If you send a message to Soligent via any messenger service on a social media platform, these messages are held for no longer than one month after receipt. Please contact Soligent if you wish to make a request that you are unable to action yourself and which relates to a Soligent Social Media Page – see the section below.
Additionally and to the extent Soligent is jointly responsible with a social media platform of a Soligent Social Media Page, Soligent will have access through the social media platform to aggregated data providing statistics and insights that help to understand the types of actions you take on Soligent Social Media Pages. For more information on how your personal data are processed on those social media platforms, including any targeted advertising that you may receive, please refer to your privacy settings accessible through your relevant social media platform’s account.
Soligent is committed to the protection of the personally identifiable information that you share with us. We utilize a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transfer sensitive personal information (for example, credit information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. While we strive to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
How Long We Hold Your Personal Data
Personal data processed by Soligent in line with this Privacy Notice will be deleted or rendered anonymous (such that it will no longer be possible to identify you):
- every 5 years where you remain a customer during this period:
- without undue delay upon you requesting that your Soligent account profile is deleted, or you discontinue your participation in the Soligent User Portal; or
- after 3 years for all subscribed services from our last interaction with you (that is where you have not used our services for 3 years).
In relation to any financial transactions directly entered into with Soligent, your personal data will be held for 10 years from the transaction.
In all cases information may be held for (a) a longer period of time where there is a legal or regulatory reason to do so (in which case it will be deleted once no longer required for the legal or regulatory purpose) or (b) a shorter period where the individual objects to the processing of their personal data and there is no longer a legitimate business purpose to retain it.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
If the personally identifiable information Soligent has gathered from you changes or you would like to access, correct, or delete such information, we will gladly provide you access to correct or delete (to the extent allowed by law) any personal information we have collected about you. To request access to a correction to or deletion of your personal information, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or contact one of our representatives at 800-967-6917.
Communication and Marketing – Your Choices
We may send you service updates and notifications without your advance consent only where such updates and/or notifications are necessary for the proper functioning of systems or components you purchase if applicable, or other services that you use with us, as they may be updated from time to time.
You may also receive pertinent offersand communications through interaction with our website
We want to communicate with you only if you want to continue to hear from us. To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you: (1) email us at [email protected]; (2) select “unsubscribe” on our subscription status page and enter the requested information or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails; or (3) write to Soligent Customer Support at 1400 N. McDowell Blvd., Suite 201, Petaluma, CA 94954 (a “postal request”).
Opting out of communication with us does not affect our communications with you via telephone or email related to your orders with us. It also does not affect our use of your non-personally identifiable information.
Your California Privacy Rights *FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY*
We do not sell your personal information.
We do not and will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights explained in this Privacy Notice regardless of whether the California Consumer Privacy Act applies to you including:
- denying you access to goods and/or services;
- charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- providing you a different level of goods and/or services; or
- suggesting you may receive a different price or rate for goods and/or services or a different level of quality of goods and/or services.
If you are a California resident and would like a copy of our notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates that received your information in the past year, please submit a written request to the following address: Soligent Distribution, LLC Customer Service at 1400 N. McDowell Blvd., Suite 201, Petaluma, CA 94954 ATTN: California Privacy. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Soligent will occasionally update this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to check the date of our Privacy Notice each time you visit our website for any updates or changes. Your use of our website constitutes your consent to this Privacy Notice, including any changes or updates. We may make additional features, functionality, offers, activities, or events (“opportunities”) available to you subject to additional or different privacy rules that we disclose in connection with those opportunities.